Do you use IT to power business value, enhance service, and deliver social benefits?
IT plays a dynamic and integral role in every industry and the constant evolution of technology will only fuel further growth as our global economy continues to expand. In this modern digital age, we are already seeing a shift from the traditional, siloed IT roles to one in which IT pros are taking on more of a strategic role to help businesses adapt to the changing IT landscape.
The future belongs to those who find a way to remain relevant. How will you show up?
As a Certified Resume Specialist in IT, some of the most common challenges that we see on IT resumes include:
How we work with you: IT touches all business functions, which means that IT resumes require further research and a higher level of organization to convey an evolved brand that demonstrates you are up to date on the current technology by “walking the talk.” Together, we will reinforce your unique personal brand by tying your achievements and contributions back to the solutions that:
- Saved the company time and money
- Optimized business processes and systems to increase efficiency
- Improved end-user satisfaction to protect against shadow IT practices
- Helped companies engage better with their clients and employees
- Accelerated the company’s short-, medium-, and long-term goals
Finally, while technical acumen is important to demonstrate that you have the knowledge and expertise to perform the job functions, it’s even more critical to illustrate your ability to work both independently and communicate complex, technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences without coming off as condescending.
Think about this from the Hiring Manager’s perspective.
Would a company rather hire a Software Developer equipped with every IT skill under the sun and absolutely no communication or teamwork capabilities OR a Software Developer who may be less technically advanced but has the ability to adopt the end user’s perspective to solve problems and communicate solutions in easily understandable terms?
Please note: Our IT career marketing packages are for IT professionals with 3+ years’ experience. If you are looking to advance to a managerial position, please review our non-executive manager services. For those of you looking to target Director or IT executive-level positions (i.e. Director of IT, VP of Technology, etc.), see our executive services. Finally, if you are aiming for a c-suite role (i.e. CIO, CTO, CISO, etc.), view our c-suite services.
Resume & LinkedIn Packages
IT resume and cover letter packages are generally priced between $695-$895 while packages that include a LinkedIn profile are priced between $995-$1795. The total investment will differ based on each client’s individual career situation, direction, and the complexity of the work involved.
Need a payment plan? Spread your payments out for up to 6 months with zero interest through the flexible PayPal Credit payment plan. This option is only available for US-based clients.
Up against a tight deadline? Scientech Resumes offers both 3- and 6-business day turnaround RUSH packages. If you require work to be done over a weekend, you may incur 3- OR 6-business day RUSH fees AND weekend fees. Please call ahead to ensure Kate’s availability to accommodate your timeline at 971.770.1460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not do 24- or 48-hour turnarounds.
IT resume samples: Names and personal information are fictionalized to protect client confidentiality.
IT Resume Packages Include:
- A copy of the personal branding strategy used to produce your new resume (and other documents). Many clients have characterized this document as a “highly informative aid” that helped to answer questions raised during the review process.
- A free copy of our e-guide, How to Optimize Your Resume for Digital Eyes ($24.95 value).
- A free copy of our e-guide, Scientech Resumes: 7-Step Interview Preparation ($34.95 value).
- Our free job search strategy checklist to help you cover all the angles when submitting applications during your job search.
- A free copy of our e-guide, LinkedIn for Continuous Career Management ($9.95 value). Only included with LinkedIn profile.
You will also benefit from:
- A one-to-one personalized consultation (between 60-90 minutes) that serves as great interview practice.
- Enhanced self-awareness on how to leverage personal branding to gain traction with employers.
- Delivery of your new documents within 7-10 business days (excludes weekends and holidays).
- 2-3 rounds of revisions within the 10 business day project window (Terms & Conditions apply).
- Unlimited email support following project completion (Terms & Conditions apply).
- Final versions of your keyword-optimized resume in 3 different formats: MS Word, PDF, and ATS-optimized MS Word version.
- Lifetime document storage in case you should lose your documents for whatever reason.
- Eligibility for an update at a discounted rate, provided no more than 2 years have passed since we last worked together.
Individual Services: Consider the savings when you bundle services versus purchasing individually.
IT Resume For IT pros with 3+ years’ experience looking to balance technical skills and an ability to plan, execute, and deliver projects within specified requirements, budgets, and timelines. Resume and cover letter packages are generally priced between $695-$895 and will differ based on each client’s individual career situation and the complexity of the work involved. Need more than one resume? A second version will be 50% of the initial resume cost.
LinkedIn Profile In today’s modern job market, it is vital to have an engaging, keyword-rich LinkedIn profile that reflects your personal brand and inspires people to connect with you. IT packages that include a LinkedIn profile are generally priced between $995-$1795 and will differ based on each client’s individual career situation and the complexity of the work involved. Interested in a LinkedIn profile only? Let us know in the appointment form and we’ll provide you with a custom quote.
Cover Letter – $175 A well-written cover letter, showcasing how your qualifications and previous career successes align with the target position, is essential in determining if your impressive resume leaps to the top of the “yes” pile or lands in the rejection stack. The importance of a powerful cover letter cannot be overstated, especially if you want to be in the running with those who take the initiative to submit one in the first place.
Thank You Letter – $175 A post-interview thank you letter is a necessary (and often overlooked) tool for any job seeker. By expressing your gratitude for the interview and recapping the highlights of the meeting, you revisit the reasons why you are the best candidate for the position. This letter can influence the hiring decision-makers and increase your chances of subsequent interviews (or a job offer) while validating your candidacy, building rapport, and reminding the interviewer of your ability to produce results.
Executive Career Biography – $450 An executive career biography is a storytelling tool that affords an opportunity to reinforce your brand and breathe new life into your professional story in a way that a resume doesn’t allow. Your bio will showcase your leadership and management acumen through softer skills and “good fit” attributes, and link them to your value proposition. Help employers connect with you and envision you on the job having a positive impact by generating chemistry around how you use your key personal attributes, passions, and strengths to make things happen.
Reference Sheet – $150 A reference sheet equips you with a list of people who can verify and positively elaborate on your professional achievements and contributions for a potential employer. This document can include testimonials from previous managers or colleagues who can provide an accurate and positive description of why you are a strong candidate for the position.