Just how much is your career worth to you?
Could you afford to lose up to $150 for every day that you’re unemployed? That’s more than $3,300 a month for a $40,000 annual salary and an amount that most people could not afford to lose. Can you?
Whether you’re unemployed or underemployed, a powerful and effective resume that is optimized for applicant tracking systems (ATS) and positions you as the #1 solution to an employer’s problems is a valuable investment that can shorten your job search by days, weeks, and months while increasing your chances of getting noticed by hiring managers by as much as 40%.
Need convincing? Let’s break it down using actual numbers.
How much is it costing you every day, week, and month that you’re looking for that new job?
Depending on your annual salary, your job search could be costing you anywhere from $150 up to nearly $2,000 a day. Keep in mind that the loss of income illustrated in the chart below does not take into account the additional expenses that are incurred during a job search, such as purchasing new interview clothes and/or having your wardrobe dry cleaned, filling your gas tank traveling to and from interviews, and the longer term wear and tear on your car. Of course, we cannot forget the mental and emotional stress that comes with searching for a job, especially if you suddenly lost your last one.
Job searching is not only frustrating, it’s also expensive. For many people, the path to securing meaningful employment feels like it is riddled with obstacles and barriers that are designed to make things as difficult as possible for you. We get it. We’ve been there.
If you’ve been searching for some time without success, chances are it’s not you, it’s how you’re positioning yourself on paper!
Check out our thought-provoking and insightful resume ROI case studies which further illustrate the “why” behind our solutions.
When is it time to invest in professional resume writing services?
- Do you know where to start? Writing a professional resume is stressful. Do you know how far back your employment history should go? What will recruiters and HR Managers care about the most?
- Do you find it difficult to brag about your accomplishments? We have mastered the art of humble bragging and can view your professional situation through an objective lens. Let us find the right words to describe what value you offer and spotlight your most worthy achievements!
- Are you stuck in the past? Resume writing has evolved significantly over the last few decades. If you’re not up to date on the current trends, hiring a professional resume writer can give your resume the splash of personality that it needs to capture attention and open new doors.
- Do you apply for job after job and never hear back? If so, then it’s likely that your resume is not keyword-optimized or formatted properly to be read by the digital gatekeeper, or Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Do you have a gap? There are plenty of legitimate reasons why people leave the workforce. We can’t rewrite history but we will work with you to revamp your resume, downplay any areas of concern, and showcase the positives to market you in ways that you may not have been able to achieve on your own.
An investment in your future
A professionally-written resume should not be seen as a cost, but as an investment in yourself, your career, and your business.
The best part? These services can be tax deductible and the majority of people typically recoup their investment between 2 to 4 days, within a week’s pay, in their new role. Don’t believe us? We invite you to review our resume ROI case studies, which illustrate different scenarios, based on real clients who attained their resume ROI.